Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Rose is a Rose ...

With all the chaos that has been my life, I realized yesterday that I still have 18 samples that I did for the Convention Display Boards that I have NOT shared with you!! Which MEANS that I am gonna get busy in the next couple of weeks and share them all so that I can start changing seasons (we ARE, after all, approaching fall, Halloween ... and I'm not even gonna MENTION that holiday in December!)!

This was one of my favorite samples (I wish I had a better photo of it ... but since I no longer have it, this is what I got!)! I like the cleanness of it, but I also like the "roughed-up" rose and the little splatters of color ... sometimes things come together a bit better than I had envisioned (yay!)!

I have a nasty cold and laryngitis (my music-major son says I am hovering at about a B Flat and can sing with the bass section!)! I am DETERMINED that this will be the ONLY cold I will get this season ... this year ... FOREVER??? Here's hopin'!!

Stamps: Hello Lovely, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper:  Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Splash, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Splash, Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories:  Fancy Flower Punch, Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, In Color Buttons, Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Distressing Tool

From Millan.NetOff to make myself another cup of honey lemon tea ...
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I still can't figure out why you were a "runner UP" you do great work and I like the grungy flower card a lot

Tanya said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The rose, the colors, everything! :)

Mike(2) said...

This is truly a beautiful card - grunge and all. How do you make that gorgeous rose? Hope you feel better soon.

Carol Carriveau said...

Know that I am a bit late but want to say how pretty your card is...I have the Grunge set and a few others and love them but have not been inspired to put them together with something beautiful like your flower...Thank you for inspiring me!