Thursday, September 26, 2013

Seasons Change ...

From Millan.NetLast week the temperatures were in the 80's and 90's ... as I check today's weather forecast, it doesn't look like we are supposed to get above 57 ... AND there was SNOW up in the canyons yesterday!! What??? Are you KIDDING me??? I really hope we get a little bit of an "Indian Summer" to come back for a week or two. Slamming from one season to the next is a bit jarring ... but, I digress ...

I'm going to try VERY hard to finish sharing my Convention Display Board Samples with you over the next week. Life has been ca-RAY-ZY for me since about May. And just as I thought I was going to get back to "normal", my sweet mama ended up back in the hospital last week for a few days (and we were back there again YESTERDAY)! She's been struggling with a bout of pneumonia, but we seem to have her on the right track toward recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Every now and again I like to do a "tone-on-tone" thing ... which is where this card came from (and, of course, I can't help but throw me in a little bit o' grunge ... since I made this card when I had first received the Gorgeous Grunge set, I was doing ALL sorts of experimenting with it!).

Stamps:  Lovely Romance, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Subtles Color Collection DSP
Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Pear Pizzazz Chevron Ribbon

This card was created by just playing with some DSP ... Venetian Romance DSP, to be exact! I love the combination of Island Indigo and Pistachio Pudding. I would probably NEVER have put them together had it NOT been for this DSP!! Another new color combo to love!

Stamps:  Lovely Romance, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Venetian Romance DSP
Ink:  Island Indigo
Accessories:  Blossom Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Pnch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Large Scallop Edgelits Die, Pearl Basics, Natural Trim Ribbon

Well, since it's a kinda cold and cloudy day, I'm gonna stay inside, do a LOT of cleaning and throw some delicious SOMEthing into the crockpot. One of the BEST things about Fall is crockpot cooking!! YAY!
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

2 comments:

stampinjul said...

Both of these are so pretty! I ADORE the pink one though!

KOstvig said...

Just beautiful.. Love them both...