Monday, June 1, 2020

Just Know That You are Loved ...

Sigh ... this last weekend was emotionally exhausting. With all of the protesting (which I support) behind the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police officers, some people have decided it is ok to get violent and destructive (which I do NOT support). I realize that those participating in all the crazy and lawless activity are not affiliated with the actual peaceful protestors, but it is saddening to watch. I live just over one mile from where things got out of control in a downtown Salt Lake City protest. All things started out well. Then they took a turn. I was very proud and amazed at how well local law enforcement and National Guard members were able to diffuse the situation and disperse the crowds after HOURS of unrest. What is the answer? I can honestly say that I don't really know ... but I DO know that love does much more for better outcomes than hate. Which is why the sentiment I put on this card just resonated so strongly with me, especially right now. Spread love, my friends. Not EVERYone is as privileged as a lot of us are ... who have family and friends that express love to them on a daily basis. Smile more. Be kind. Be patient. Every little gesture can add up to a LOT of good. Not the absolute solution, but it's a good start.

I love sunflowers. Sunflowers and daisies are my favorites. Like Meg Ryan says in "You've Got Mail" ... "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" Yep ... yep I do!! And I would include sunflowers in that as well.

Stamps: Celebrate Sunflowers
Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody
Accessories: Sunflowers Dies, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (white ribbon), Metallic Pearls

JUST KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED!!! Stay safe, stay healthy and STAY STRONG!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

3 comments:

Debbie Gaetz said...

I love the color combination and how the white makes everything so refreshing against the colors, especially with the dry embossing. Sunflowers are not one of my favorite flowers but I LOVE this sunflower card.

Mitzi said...

Thank you, Wendy. Beautiful sentiment in your blog expressed by a beautiful card.

Samantha Schriver said...

Beautiful card! I just love that Sunflower