Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back to the Butterflies!

As our Spellbinders "Sneak Peek" continues, I knew it was time to throw in card #45 in my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge! For those of you who are new to my blog, I have a link with an explanation on the sidebar to the right of this post AND a slideshow of the butterfly cards I have done thus far!

I think this butterfly from Unity Stamps is so unique and lovely. I used my Stampin' Up markers to outline the image in black, then used some Fantastix by Tsukinedo to make my own "markers" of sorts with reinkers of Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate.

I scored the background piece using my Scor-Pal. That tool is such a fun toy!!! I then sponged the score lines so that they would "pop" off the page a bit more. This card was actually a "triple-play" challenge card for me on SCS, combining CC173 (Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery and Purely Pomegranate), WT173 - to use scored lines in your creation, and SC183.

If you have missed it, the featured die today (Sunday) was the Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities. Visit Linda Duke's blog to see her WONDERFUL samples:

Linda's Works of Heart by Linda Duke

The featured die tomorrow (Monday) is . . . can't tell ya!! You'll just have to visit Michelle Wooderson's blog to see!! Here is the link:

Mish Mash by Michelle Wooderson

Stamps: Butterfly Beauty by Unity Stamps, Paisley bg by SU
Paper: Purely Pomegrante, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Shimmery White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Me & My Big Ideas Icons, Stickles, keytag punch, Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon, Scor-Pal, sponge

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card.

Anonymous said...

Just recently found your blog and really enjoy it. This card is a knockout -- love the colors and all the layering. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, this card is GORGEOUS!!! Every time i see that butterfly, I want it more...darn it! :) I gave you an award on my blog...check it out! Looking forward to meeting you at Convention! ~Cindy

KOstvig said...

Very Cute Wendy