Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Playing with My New Dies!!

I made this card the other day with TWO of my new Spellbinders dies (which will be released at CHA in just a couple of weeks)!

The Pinking Pierceabilities die was featured on Ellen Hutson's blog on July 3. Here is a link to see what she did:

Simple Dreams

And the Pinking Nestabilities were featured on Michelle Wooderson's blog on July 7. Here is HER link:

Mish Mash

For some reason, when I had the two of these die sets sitting on the table next to each other the other day, the idea for this Christmas ornament just jumped out at me!!! I used the Pinking Pierceabilites in both a traditional and non-traditional way. As you can see, I bordered the edge of the medium green cardstock with the die as it was designed. The band I created on the ornament was the idea that did the jumping at my brain . . . I cut/embossed the die as you normally would, then turned the cardstock around, so that the "embossed" edge was placed on the cutting-edge side. I ran it through my Wizard again, so what came out was and embossed imaged that was cut on BOTH sides! I embossed it again just so that the embossing would be nice and crisp . . .

Then, I added a little bit of Stickles glitter to give this ornament the added bling it needed to look Christmas-y. I used one of my good ol' standard circle Nestabilites to emboss a little circle in the center of the ornament as well. It takes a little extra time to add the piercing to this die, but the results are TOTALLY worth it!! I think I'm in LOVE!!!!

And before I forget . . . be sure to check out Beth Pingrey's blog today for her FABULOUS tutorial using Spellbinders new Daisy Border Grand die!!

Cookies for Breakfast by Beth Pingrey

I'm going to be out of town through the weekend (again!!)! This is the summer of insane traveling all over!!! Most of my trips are short little jaunts . . . this weekend I'm going river running in Jackson Hole!! What fun!! I'm going to try to complete a card before I leave and try to "schedule" the post to come up while I am gone. I'm new at this, so I hope it works out!!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!!!

Paper: Prism Prismatics Deep Blush Red, ColorMates by WorldWin Deep and Medium Glorious Green, Silver Metallic paper (unknown), Whisper White by SU
Spellbinders Dies: S4116 Small Standard Circles (Nestabilites), S4165 Pinking Pierceabilities, S4172 Small Pinking Circles (Nestabilities)
Accessories: Silver Metallic Ribbon (unknown), Crystal Ice Stickles, Horizontal Slot Punch by SU, Silver Cord by SU, CK Holiday Spirit Font

2 comments:

Brooke S said...

Hey Girly,
I nominated you for an award! Come on over to my blog and see what going on.

Pretty creative card by the way!

http://www.designsbybrooke.blogspot.com

KOstvig said...

pretty card Wendy to be honest when I first saw it I thought Circular Saw..maybe the remodeling is going to my head but an ornament works also...LOL...maybe I need a closer look...have fun in JH