Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swappin' Polka Dots!!

We are less than a month away from school starting again! I knew this summer was going to be crazy before I even started, but it has gone by more quickly than I even imagined!!

I have not only working on my monthly projects for Spellbinders (which you will be seeing SOON!), but I have also been trying to get my swaps done for SU Convention!! (I am having a group about 26 of my friends from SCS over for a party on Friday night . . . CAN"T WAIT!!) The only swaps I am making are for my party. I just decided I didn't have the time for general swapping this year . . . .

Which brings me to this post . . . this is the card I made for my swap on Friday night (and it even kind of matches my blog colors!). What do y'all think??? I'm hoping that not too many of my dinner guests will get this sneak peek (if you are peeking, girls . . . HI!!). My daughter actually had the idea for all the fun polka dots in different colors . . . brilliance goes both ways, eh??? (hehehehehe!!) I realized it has been AGES since I did a card made with nothing but SU products. It proved to be more difficult than I thought, as I was trying to keep with stamps and everything that are current!!

I get to see the new catalog in just a few hours. I feel kind of like the woman in that old Mervyn's commercial who is standing at the door early in the morning, "OPEN-OPEN-OPEN!!!" It's going to be AWESOME!!

Hope y'all have a great day! I will have some more butterflies to share with you in a day or two . . .

Stamps: It's All Good, Polka Dot background
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1", 3/4", 1/2" and 1/4" circle punches, rectangle hand-held punch, 1/4" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, paper piercing tool/mat

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This card on the photo is really beuty ;) If you made it - I'm impressed ;) Also I want to say that your blog has amaizing skin ;) kiss ;*

Lynn Mercurio said...

Spectacular card Wendy! What lucky ladies your friend are. I can't wait to hear your other announcements and your take on the new catty! Have a great time at convention! (now, will you translate what "lotto winning numbers" said??? lol)

Tracy.H said...

So simple...yet so beautiful! :0)

KOstvig said...

Wendy this is so cute I wish I was getting one...mostly because I could meet everyone...have a fun Week

Anonymous said...

Polka Dots give everything a fun feeling. Love your card.

Jenny Gropp said...

Super cute card!

Teresa said...

Hey Wendy. I love your card! Thanks so much for allowing me to hang out with you and your gang on Friday. It was a blast!

Teresa, Jackie's downline.