Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Non-Butterfly Challenge Butterfly Card!

I can't believe I actually made a card that has NOTHING to do with my own butterfly challenge! To be truthful, I had already used this image and sent it to my son, so I COULDN'T send him this, now COULD I??

I did this for FS93 last Sunday. The Featured Stamper was Kendra. That girl rocks socks!! I LOVED this little pocket card she did. And . . . well . . . you know me and funky folds! It took me, like, forEVUH to figure out how to do it with my Nesties, too, but more about that in a minute . . .

Here is Kendra's card:

BBQ Invite

I ended up using a piece of cardstock that was about 9" by 4". I scored the card to make the front "flaps" at 3" and 6". I had to place my long rectangle Nestabilities die at an angle, with the flap piece kind of "in and out" of the die. The edge I wanted to cut was on top of the die, while the rest of the cardstock was placed through the die and allowed to rest underneath it to keep from cutting it. Does that make sense?? To make the scalloped "half oval" top edge, I cut an additional piece of cardstock down to 3" x 5", then used the same "in and out" technique so that I would only cut the top edge of the cardstock. I then taped this piece to the inside middle of the card, making it appear as though it is all one piece. Got it?? The card insert itself is 4 3/8" x 2 1/2" (the Garden Green piece). The vanilla piece is approximately 4 1/8" x 2 1/4". Again, I employed the same "in and out" technique to cut the half oval top edge of the card.

So, although this IS a challenge card, it just isn't for my butterflies!!

TTFN!

Stamps: Butterfly Happiness by There She Goes
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip craft, Garden Green
Accessories: Spellbinders Large Classic Scallop Ovals (S4111), Small Classic and Small Classic Scallop Ovals (S4112 and S4113) and Long Mega Scallop Rectangle (S4143), Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder, pop-up glue dots, Offray brown microcheck ribbon

No comments: