Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cooler Temps are a-Comin' ...

... at least that is what the forecast says. We have been having the LOVELIEST weather. The past couple of weeks have actually been HOT (we have been hovering in the upper 80's - nearly 90, actually). Today the weather is reported to be much cooler with a high of only 65. Time to drag out something a little warmer to wear.

And I have been relegated to taking a photo of my card with my phone ... AGAIN!! I did this card for SC301 over on SCS yesterday, only to discover that my husband had driven my lovely camera to work with him (inadvertently ... we had been at a family party for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday the night before - she doesn't look OR act a day over 60!). Someone was supposed to bring the camera into the house ... but "someone" forgot ... not EVEN gonna name names!!

Soooo ... back to the card ... not super thrilled with this one. I'm starting to feel like everything I make looks the same. I am feeling uncreative and repetitive. Guess some days - or weeks! - are like that.

True confession - I went and taught a high-low aerobics class last night to a bunch of sorority girls up at the University of Utah. What a blast!! TOTALLY had an 80's flashback (for fun the girls dressed up in leg warmers with shorts over leggings, bright colors and BIG earrings. It was a RIOT!). Haven't done aerobics like THAT in AGES!! Good times ...

Have a lovely fall day, wherEVER you are (and if you happen to live in Australia and are having spring, enjoy THAT, too!!). Smiley from millan.net

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Day of Gratitude
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, More Mustard
Accessories: Small Oval Punch, Glimmer Brads, Paper Piercing Tool/Mat, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Traci S. said...

Wendy, my dear friend, your cards are not all looking the same! I challenge you to use your stamps that do not have anything to do with nature. That will take you right out of your doldrums...please try that or do not use any of your fall colored inks, or pencils or anything for 2 weeks...even if you use the same layut and stamp...it will look different because it will be different in one of 2 basic ways!

Let me know if you accept the challenge! OK?

BTW, please take a second and check out today's post. It is precious.

Thank you again for teaching me and making everything so incredible on the blog. We have a button, thanks to you, and all of the talents He has given you.

We are blessed. I am blessed to have you as a friend. You are blessed that I don't live next door and come over to play all of the time!

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.