Friday, January 14, 2011

Think PINK!!

I seem to be thinkin' PINK lately!! I made a little baby blanket for a friend and needed a card to go with it, and this is what I came up with.

I incorporated the challenge I posted over on SCS today for F4A47 - Texturize Me! The challenge was to use at least TWO embossing folders ... and BONUS points if you used a folder that was NOT in regular repertoire ... DOUBLE bonus points if you used one that you have NEVER used before. I have like a GAZILLION embossing folders ... LOVE 'em! (and, sad to say, some of them are STILL unused!!). Oh well ... it's not about USING 'em ... it's about HAVING 'em, right????

Stamps: Small Sayings
Paper: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Sizzix Birthday Embossing Folder, Cuttlebug Stripes Embossing Folder, Marvy Double Scallop Corner Punch, Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches, Large Oval Punch, Deep Chocolate Satin Ribbon by PTI, Button by SU, Pop-Up Glue Dots

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Just have to pop in and say that this is SO darling! I've been looking for ideas for a granddaughter's 1st birthday! Your artwork is SO awesome!!

Unknown said...

Oh my Wendy, that's just SO cute!! My DH bought me a Cricut Expressions machine for Christmas and I just got the Create a Critter cartridge last weekend. I love how you combine Cricut images with your stamped cards, something I'm going to have to try!

Anonymous said...

love the cards, do you design layouts also?

Anonymous said...

can you please tell me where the stamps "small sayings? comes from? i am new and not familiar with stamps yet.
smacki01atcomcastdotnet

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy,

This is an adorable card! I love this pink. The giraffe is so wonderful! I really like the unique sentiment! Did you put that together?

Wendy, thank you for your help with the He IS Able blog. You are a doll!

He IS Able,
Traci S.