Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Daily It Is!

Okay, not a SINGLE person who responded to yesterday said they wanted weekly posts, so I am vowing here and now to try to post daily (or at least as often as I make something!!).

I will make a concerted effort to post things as I do them so that there is less to wade through!

I think we all have color combos that we like. In fact, I try to stir it up and do different things, only to find I am back to the same ol' combos, just in different shades! Yesterday's color challenge on SCS kinda took me waaaaayyyy out of my comfort zone. The challenge (CC158) was to use Orchid Opulence (and I had to open a package of that that I have owned for at least three years!), Sage Shadow (which is also neglected in my pile!) and Kraft. I had almost finished this card when I realized that I had grabbed Mellow Moss instead of Sage! So I had to readjust my thinking all over again! That is why they call these challenges! Really puts me outside my box!!

After I started making "butterfly" cards as part of my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge (see link on sidebar), several of my SCS friends sent me stamped images and embellishments featuring butterflies! How awesome! My son is getting butterflies from all over the world! It truly is amazing. My good friend, Christine (chrisations.ink on SCS) sent me this little organza butterfly. I finally found a place to use him! Isn't he cute??

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Elegant Greetings, Weathered, Twill
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Sage Shadow, Kraft, Shimmery White
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Family Treasures Daisy punch, 1/2" circle punch, Organza Butterfly, paper piercing tool

I think I like this daily post thing! I sure takes a lot less time to just do one (or maybe two occasionally) things at a time! Have a happy day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't usually like either orchid or sage shadow... but you make them positively luscious!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog- want daily posts- three times a day! Just joking. I think you create wonderful things and plan to check back daily. keep up the good work!