Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lotsa Cards!

Here we are again! I think I’m going to have to admit that I need to update my blog more often . . . I have been making a lot of cards lately, and it would just be easier to upload them as I make ‘em!

I had sooo much fun putting this card together as part SCS SC166. It made me giggle as it was very similar to the challenge layout I did the day before, put out there by none-other than the amazing Beate from SCS. So I made two cards in a row with a very similar layout! Oh well, I DO like it!!

I used the jumbo “Classic Stars” wheel from SU to create all the stars. I rolled them out on a variety of cardstock colors (in this case, Real Red, Barely Banana, Brocade Blue and Night of Navy), using a variety of inks (again, Real Red, Barely Banana, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy AND Whisper White craft). I was happy to find out that both star punches from SU can be used with the images on this wheel. From that point it was just a matter of sticking the stars down on the card. I am also still loving the “Swiss Dots” embossing folder from the Cuttlebug people (Provo Craft). It is really fun.

Stamps: Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel, Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Real Red, Barely Banana, Brocade Blue and Night of Navy
Ink: Real Red craft, Barely Banana, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White craft
Accessories: Making Memories red/white striped grosgrain, rhinestone brad, paper piercing tool, dimensionals, Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss ef, large and small star punches

Next, this is the card I made for WSC37 – Beate’s weekend sketch challenge. See how close it is to the sketch challenge?? Crazy weird that they got posted back to back like that!! I also incorporated CC156 – Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate and So Saffron. I really like these colors together! AND I used all FIVE stamps in my new Friendship Blooms stamp set! Hooray for me!!

Stamps: Friendship Blooms
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Whisper White, French Lace Light paper from Making Memories
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
Accessories: Build a brad, pomegrante double-stitched ribbon, dimensionals

Moving on . . . I am not sure that I LOVE this card, although it did stretch my imagination. The whole idea behind LSC158 was to make a quick and easy LITTLE card. The actual production of this card was pretty quick . . . getting it out of my head, however, was a slower process! Once again, I used the fun “Swiss Dots” embossing folder. I also used the scallop circle punch, rotated the punched image and then punched it again, giving it a more “flowery” look. All in all, pretty simple, which is actually a challenge for me, as I tend to be a more complicated kind of gal! The finished card measures 3”x3”.

Stamps: Big Flowers, Little Flowers, Many Happy Returns
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop circle, 1" circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1/2" circle punches, word window, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots ef, Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon

Next, I did this card for my husband, Ron, as we celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary last Saturday – March 8. It is sooo hard for me to believe that I have been married more than half my life! On the other hand, when you marry your best friend, the years just fly by! I consider myself very blessed! This was for Beate’s WSC38. I was so excited to discover her weekend sketch challenges. She is so creative and always comes up with some fantastic ideas!! Using sets from SU and Papertrey Ink, I came up with something that I hope was not too girly (although, all my cards tend to be girly anyway!!) So, there ya go!

Stamps: Print Pattern, Crosshatch, Sweet Love (Papertrey) and Out on a Limb (sentiment, also Papertrey)
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Real Red, Shimmery White
Diecuts: Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals (Small)
Accessories: Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, rhinestone stickers, Dazzling Diamonds ep, dimensionals, Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy ef

Ya still hangin’ with me? This is the last one for today. I recently broke down and bought myself some lovely Copic markers (which I swore I would NEVER do, but had to backpedal once I became Copic certified!!). I can’t believe I did a PASTEL colored card! This is DEFINITELY out of my box! This was card #28 for my personal “Follow the Butterflies” challenge (see the link on the sidebar for more deets). I colored the butterfly panel THREE times! This was my first attempt, as I really didn’t like what I came up with the other two times (trying to do something NOT pastel!). The layout is also kinda funky, as I was trying to do something a little different there, as well. I even dragged out my trusty sewing machine. Nothing too complicated. I DO like the look of real stitching on a project, though.

Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink, Shimmery White (which I am reaching for more and more often!)
Ink: Black Brilliance, Assorted Copic Markers
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain, ticket corner punch, flower brads (Paper Accentz), sewing machine

I have already started working on a couple new things, so I think I should be posting again soon. That way, you won’t have to read a marathon-length entry next time!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

WOW! It makes me tired just looking at all the work you've done! The cards are fantastic! So do you ever sleep? Thank you for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cards! Especially drawn to the star card - lots of work on that one, eh? I can never get that creative on my own! LOL! Will definately have to CASE for a three nephews - one just got back from Iraq and two getting shipped out shortly. This is so nice and patriotic. You go girl!

KOstvig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KOstvig said...

great cards Wendy, they are fantastic. Wish you could edit a post instead of deleting it...SO the stars that looks like a lot of work..but so festive. Lov ethe colors ont he floral one. Running out of time...but they are all great