Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Loving Papertrey

I have always kind of been a Stampin' Up purist. That is, 'til I discovered Papertrey Ink last year. They are the only other company for which I own multiple stamp sets . . . there is a lot of variety, and the designs are fun, clean, and sometimes elegant (as is the case for the set I used today - Wedding Day).

I used my largest Nestabilities circle dies to create this round card. Fold your cardstock over and lay it on top of the die before you run it through your Wizard (or Cuttlebug, Sizzix, or whatever machine you have). Just make sure to move your cardstock down just a little (slightly more than 1/4"), so that there is a gap at the top of the die . . . this is were you place the fold for the top of your card.

The inspiration for this card came directly from Nichole Heady, one of the founders of Papertrey. She has an AWESOME blog! Lots of great ideas. I cased her medallion/band idea for this card. Here is her card that gave me the inspiration for this card. I love it!!

Nichole's Card

The color challenge on SCS yesterday, CC159, was to use Basic Gray, Soft Sky and Whisper White (in this case, I used Shimmery White - love how elegant it looks!). I think this would be the perfect card to put on top of a wedding gift (which I would probably have to wrap in white paper, since I'd never be able to find a perfect match for this card!)

Stamps: Wedding Day (Papertrey)
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Shimmery White
Ink: Soft Sky
Accessories: Nestabilities (circle), large and small oval punch, silver cord, self-adhesive pearls (Kaiser)

Now, I just gotta find my craft room under the piles I created yesterday! TTFN!!

3 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a lovely card, Wendy. I so wanted to do the color challenge yesterday (ran out of time) and your card is a perfect example of WHY...these colors are stunning together and your use of the PTI stamps really makes the card brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, you always do wonderful work and the wedding card and the Flap Fold Card are amazing. Keep up the brilliant work your my hero.
Stampin Hugs,
Jeanine aka Granny

Anonymous said...

I love the colors from that challenge -- too many good ideas, and I want to try them all!

and your use of the Wedding Day set is splendid -- love it!

Keep up the lovely work - it's a pleasure to visit your blog!

Wendy (songbirdwc)