Monday, June 10, 2019

New Colors and Friends

What do you do when your hubby and your brother (who is visiting from out of town) sit down to watch various sports events AND Chuck Norris movies???? STAMP of course!! (And I'm not kidding about the Chuck Norris movie ... seriously??? Sheesh!)

I. Can't. Even. with this Purple Posy paper!!! This is just the most LOVELY shade of purple ... so-so-so much more lovely in person.  And while we are speaking of colors ... um ... Pretty Peacock anyone??? GAH!!! Honestly, y'all ... they are just SOOOOOO yummy!!! Speaking of yummy ... now I want a donut.  Which is GOOD since aforementioned brother has run to the store and promised to bring me back one!!! HOOOORAY for brothers!!

Stamps: Flourishing Phrases
Paper: Purple Posy, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Purple Posy, Pretty Peacock
Accessories: Flourish Dies, Well Written Dies, Perennial Essence Floral Centers

Kenny (my bro) and I are going to do one (or both) of these things today ... perhaps remove my mom's toilet and install a new one (which sounds like OOOODLES of fun, yeah??) or go visit the local aquarium (there's a water theme here ... can ya feel it???).  Either way, it should be a day full of ADVENTURE!
 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Love these colors you chose to make this super card.

Roberta Eldridge said...

Hello Wendy! I absolutely LOVE your card! You are so right that Purple Posy is a gorgeous hue of purple! Your card is fabulous!

Someone was asking about the textured cardstock you used and I gave this explanation:

It is our new in color Purple Posy cardstock embossed with Subtles embossing folder.

I use this Subtles ef and run it thru both horizontally and vertically to get additional variants of textures, and even emboss at angles. I also ink the front with white craft ink or any other coordinating ink to add more interest. I also like to double emboss using first the Subtles ef and then embossing with any other embossing folder. Last night it did that with Tufted and Country Floral. Gives a whole new look to those ef's!

Mary said...


Your card is beautiful!I love the colors that you chose to use. I have this stamp set and will be using it very soon.


Mary from NH

Carol Carriveau said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love that you used ine of my favorite EFs on your card!