Thursday, September 4, 2008

Butterfly Challenge #2 for YOU!

Most of you know about my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge, right? This card makes #54 in my quest to send two years' worth of uniquely different butterfly cards to my son (there will be 104 - one week at a time, of course!).

Anywho . . . I challenged you gals to play along last week and loved what you came up with!! This week, I will be picking a favorite or two and posting the pictures here on my blog next week!

I did this one in conjunction SC192. The challenge for you has a bit of a twist to it. What I want you to do is create a butterfly card where the card portion is NOT the same size as the card. Do ya notice how the part that you write in on my card is smaller than the rest of it?? That's what I want you to do! It can be square, oval, circle or shaped like anything you want. Then mount that smaller card on a standard A2 sized base. Does that make sense? I hope so! This could produce some really cool cards, so jump in and have fun!!

Stamps: Art of Life, Twill bg, Hero Arts Designer Butterflies
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Ink: Basic Black, Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: Paper distressing tool, paper piercing tool/mat, dimensionals, Cuttlebug Forest Branches ef

4 comments:

Connie M. said...

Fabulous card, Wendy!! Fun challenge too! I will try and do one later! :)

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This card is pretty! Way to go GF!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Wendy,
Just stopped by to say hello and tell you I was thinking of you.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Connie M. said...

I know I commented on this before, but just wanted to let you know I left an award on my blog for you! Check it out and pass it on! :)