Monday, September 1, 2008

'Coons & Beans

Here's that stinkin' cute "Under the Stars" stamp set again. I had envisioned using the raccoon with the can of beans on a stick almost since the day I got his set. What I hadn't envisioned, however, was running amok with my toys . . . er, um . . . TOOLS! This turned out totally different that I had planned. I almost think I went a little overboard, but I still think this 'coon is the cutest!

The challenge - WT181 - was to drag out your good ol' colored pencils. Man, oh man, I haven't used those babies in, well, a 'COON'S AGE!! I used my SU watercolor pencils with a blender pen. I had forgotten how much fun I have with those! I also borrowed Amelia's sketch layout (SC190), except that i turned it into an A2 card instead of a square one. Then, of course, I HAD to use one of my new Cuttlebug folders (Happy Birthday to ME!!). I may use this image combo again and see if I can't limit myself from going overboard!!

Happy Labor Day!!

Stamps: Under the Stars, Simple Serif Alphabet, Inspired by Nature
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Watercolor
Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip, assorted SU Watercolor pencils
Accessories: Large classic and scallop circle Nestabilities, double slot punch, designer label punch, large oval punch, Offray brown gingham ribbon, linen thread, Cuttlebug Leafy Branch and Forest Branches ef's, sponge, dimensionals, paper distressing tool

No comments: