Thursday, September 18, 2008

Christmas Already???!!?? Sigh . . .

I am NOT advocating the early sale of twinkly Christmas lights, wrapping paper and lawn deer!! It just so happens that the color challenge on SCS last Tuesday - CC184 - inspired me to make a Christmas-y type of card. I just stared at my creation and thought, "What have I done??" Despite my disdain for merchants who haul out the fake electronic Santas WAAAYYYY too early, I do like how this card turned out. It was relatively quick and easy, so that can't be all bad, right???

Peaceful Wishes is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets! So much so, that I made our family Christmas card with it last year. It's almost kind of hard to make a BAD card with it! I love adding Stickles to the little berries to give them some extra dimension. And of course, what would I DO without my embossing folders?? They make any card that much better!!

Stamps: Peaceful Wishes
Paper: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots ef, Stickles, red rhinestone brad, silver cord

4 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous card Wendy. I bought this set (I've always loved and admired it, but never purchased it until I knew it was going away) and haven't used it yet, but your card has really inspired me to break it out. Love the reds and grays you used - is really stunning.

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Very pretty wendy!

msfitzie said...

I'm sorry I don't leave you a comment each time I check your blog...which is every day, by the way. I did want you to know how much I appreciate your cards and designs. Even if you don't hear from me daily...know that I'm checking in each and every day.

Unknown said...

I love this set too. I recently sold most of my retired SU stamp sets and could not part with this one. Would you believe I have never used the berries? After seeing your card, I will definitely be incorporating those. Beautiful card!

Dana