Monday, September 22, 2008

White Out!!

I really enjoy it when it is my turn to be Challenge Hostess over on SCS. I get a little panicky for a bit trying to decide what to do that hasn't actually been done before. But once I figure out what to do, it's pretty fun putting the challenge together. Another thing that makes it great is that my daughter, Amelia, always helps me out by making a sample! (And, I have to admit, that she schooled me again! I think her card trumps any of the ones I did!)

Stamps: Live LIke You Mean It
Paper: Basic Black, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug Border - Just My Type, rhinestone sticker by Me & My Big Ideas, black/white polka dot organza (unknown)

The point of the challenge was to use white or vanilla as the predominant layer/color in the card that was made. I also put restrictions on images and sentiments . . . one of each, stamped only one time each. This card reflected the different looks you could get not only using vanilla instead of white, but also using the "rock and roll" technique on the image with two of your chosen colors.

Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: Large classic and scallop circle Nestabilties, Cuttlebug Forest Branches ef, 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches, brown gingham ribbon by Offray

As far as color, I also put restrictions on that. White was the predominant layer; the second color had to be a neutral - black, brown or gray; and the third color could be the one of choice. That's it!! Even if they stamped line-art images, only the three colors they had chosen were allowed to be used. I LOVED what people were coming up with! Wowza!! I got TONS of inspiration from others!! Here is a link to the gallery on SCS. I learned a lot of new things and can't wait to try some of them out!! This is Amelia's card and she TOTALLY rocked the socks off of this challenge!!

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Elegant Greetings
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Ink: Certainly Celery, Basic Gray
Accessories: Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes ef, notched corner punch, celery satin ribbon (unknown)

I knew I was behind on my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge. I also KNEW that I couldn't get Amelia's great card out of my head. So, what's a mom to do???? CASE her daughter, of course!! (More details on the challenge can be found on the sidebar. Follow the link . . . I am now up to card #56!) I think I may just have to use this layout again. I think it turned out so wonderfully! I think my daughter is totally going to go places with her stampin'! I'm really proud of her!

Stamps: Butterfly Beauty by Unity Stamps, Paisley bg by SU
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip craft
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, tag corner punch, Cuttlebug Houndstooth ef

No comments: