Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2012 Artisan Design Team Projects for December - Part 2



Part of what we get to play with each month for the Artisan Design Team comes in the form of MDS downloads ... MOST EXCELLENT!! Sooo ... this month I wanted to be sure and take advantage of that and play with some of what we got ...

I have been making a concerted effort in the past few years to make sure that my hubby and I get pictures taken TOGETHER ... too often, one of us (usually ME!) is behind the camera. I realized when I went through some photos of my parents a few years ago that they didn't take enough photos together and want to make sure that I don't end up in the same boat ... so that is where this layout came from ... me and my bestest friend in the WORLD!!

Stamps: Natural Composition Overlays, Freehand Phrases, A Split Second (Splatter 1), Ink Splatter (Splatter 3), Greatest Moments II
Paper: Good Life DSP
Embellishments: More Candid Frames, Piece of Cake (Flags), Fan Fair (Stitching), Mis-Stitched







And SPEAKING of my hubby ... and how he is the BEST ... LOOKIE WHAT HE MADE ME!! (It is actually my Christmas present, but he finished it a little early and hung it up the other night!) Isn't it DIVINE and AMAZING!! OHMYGOSH!! I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how happy this has made me!! HAPPYDANCE!! From Millan.Net I haven't finished organizing all of my ribbon in it yet (still sorting and deciding WHAT to keep).


I LOVELOVELOVE how the little dowel allows me to feed the end of my ribbon spool under it. I spent the longest time the morning after he hung it up just sitting and STARING at it after I got the ribbon put in ... this is the BEST EVER!! I guess that is because my hubby is the BEST EVER!! I am one lucky girl!!

And because SOOO many have asked ... I am amending this post to add the dimensions for this lovely ribbon rack:

55" Tall
24" Wide
4 1/4" Shelf Height
3 3/4" Shelf Depth

Photobucket

13 comments:

Audrey Hiltke said...

Holy Cow Wendy - Is there a TUTORIAL for this LOL??????? Seriously - OMGoodness I could use one of these. You have the best Hubby ever :)!!! ('cept for mine of course :)

Dragongirl, Québec, QC, Canada said...

What a wonderful rack !! congratulations to your hubby ! And guess what ? I just asked my boyfriend to make me one for Christmas ! haha !

Cindy Henry said...

WOW! Great rack (I mean the ribbon rack, of course !!) I have a husband like yours who makes fabulous things for me. First of all he built a "Craft Room" !! He made me a ribbon rack, too and it's so handy ~ no spools rolling across the floor anymore. He made a heat gun holder and for gifts for my Stamp Club ladies, he made letter slots (to see of the card needs extra postage or not)!! We are lucky to have such handy guys to have around and that they love us !! Must say I love him, too! Thanks for sharing your Christmas present.

Melissa said...

SO awesome! Yay for a handy hubster!!! I do have to admit I am the teensiest bit jealous, but still overjoyed for you...that makes more room for stamps, lol!

vdoyle8 said...

this is the BEST ribbon organizer I have EVER seen!! Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!! Merry Christmas!

Terstamper said...

Wo, I love it! Lucky, lucky lady.

Te ;)

Jan Castle said...

What do you mean...'have to decide what I will keep'! You now look to have room to keep it ALL!!! Lucky you! Kudos to your hubby!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Sherry said...

WOW, how awesome!! do you think you could send me the measurements? maybe I could get my husband to make me one. He is pretty handy that way!

lomaster2010@hotmail.com

Debbie D said...

That is so awesome! Feelin' a little green with ribbon rack envy about now, but very happy for you!
Merry Christmas!

Pam said...

Hubby's buying the material to make me 1 today!! Bet there's going to be a ton of these made. He should sell them...or have got a copyright for it. It's AMAZING!! What a perfect time to be re-doing my craft room. Finally, I know what I want for Christmas....and lucky there's a work-shop across the street that let's my sweetheart use it whenever he wants! AWESOSME, AWESOME, AWESOME!

Back Porch Stamper said...

Love your project and your ribbon rack. Can you provide us with over-all dimmensions for the ribbon rack?

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful scrapbook page of you and your sweetheart...and what a sweetheart he is....lucky both of you!