Thursday, December 6, 2012

2012 Artisan Facebook Friday #3

From Millan.NetHey, friends!! Welcome to another Stampin' Up 2012 Artisan Design Team "Facebook Friday!" OHMYGOSH!! Can I say that my doors were TOTALLY BLOWN OFF by all of the amazing things my Artisan friends created for this month!! Like Sarah Sagert (whose blog you just came from if you are following the hop around!)! Her card is GORGEOUS, don'tcha think?? LOVED the vintage-y feel of that!!

This month I wanted to make a "garland" ... primarily because my daughter is away at college and I wanted to give HER something to hang (and she LOVED it, by the way!)! This is a view of the overall thing ... (sorry I can't make the photo bigger ... Blogger won't LET me!! Click on the image to see it more "up close and personal"!)





And here is a closeup ... (I hafta admit the little square ornament with the gingerbread man is my favorite!!)




And another one ... I think the champagne glimmer paper is DA BOMB!!




And another one ... you get a better idea of how all the ornaments look in this one!


And ANOTHER one!! All the crazy ribbon and tulle!! I really LOVE how this turned out!!

Before you ask HOW I got the little "Scentsational Season" dudes in the little clear ornaments, let me just say that is was EASY-CHEESEY!! I just kinda rolled them in on themselves a little and STUFFED 'em down in the hole on the top of the ornament. There is a little piece of linen thread stuck to the top-back of each little image via a glue dot ... the glue dot/thread is then covered by a little punched 1/2" circle. I threaded the thread back through the metal finding at the top and tied it on. That's pretty much it! (And for those of you old enough to remember ... I kept hearing Mr. Bill's voice scream "Ooooohhhh nooooooo!" as I was stuffing the little gingerbread men in!! It made me giggle!).

The sad story that goes with this is that I originally started out with round GLASS ornaments ... hung them on my mantle with painter's tape (since it is what was handy AND I didn't want anything PERMANENT!). I went to go get a quick shower as it was late in the day and my hubby and I were headed out ... he came and knocked on the door and said, "Wendy ... there was a LOUD breaking glass kinda sound out in the front room just now!" "WHAT??!!??" All stinkin' day and TWO jars of champagne glass glitter ALL OVER THE PLACE!! As my hubby dragged out the vacuum and started to prepare to vacuum up the mess I shouted, "NO!! I NEED TO RESCUE MY GLITTER!!" And so, you guessed it!, I spent over an HOUR picking little glass ornament bits outta my glitter so I could use it again (since I had NO MORE GLITTER LEFT!)! The GOOD news is that the really fun and funky-shaped ornaments I ended up using (bought at a big box craft store named after a dude) are PLASTIC!! YEP!! PLASTIC!! And I love the little square one! You can't tell from the photo, but the one with the tree in it is actually kinda disk shaped!! AND, when they fall down they won't SHATTER!! YAY!!

Stamps: Scentsatinal Season
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Candlelit Christmas DSP, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Holiday Collection Framelits Dies, Delicate Doilies Sizzlets Die, Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies, Snow Flurry Bigz Die, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 2 1/2" Circle PUnch, Large Pearl Basic Jewels, Pearl Basics, Rhinestone Basics, Crumb Cake Scalloped Tulle Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Tulle Ribbon, Early Espresso Scalloped Tulle Ribbon, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Champagne Glass Glitter, Linen Thread, Clear Plastic Ornaments and Hooks

Moving on to the oh-so-amazing Amy Bollman and her OVER-THE-TOP-WONDERFUL advent project. You are gonna LOVE it!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Pam said...

This is soooo amazing!!! What a terrific job. What a nice mom to make something so beautiful for her just-as-beautiful daughter!!

Jen Timko said...

Stampers definitely think differently...my first thought was "oh no, the glitter!". Glad you were able to rescue it. These ornaments are such fun. An extraordinary gift that will be so appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Love the project, but oh, I love your mantelpiece. The woodwork is beautiful.
Thanks for the idea, as I have a box of those ornaments stored, now I know what to do with them.
Happy Holidays,Seletta

Carol Carriveau said...

Not only is your garland FABULOUS, but the mantle it is on is awesome!!! What a wonderful gift for your daughter and hope it stays in the family for a long time! Now on to the rest of the blog.... TFS~

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a beautiful banner!! Oh, no! I just knew what was going to happen when you said you used painter's tape. So glad you were able to find the perfect plastic replacements!!