Friday, October 10, 2014

Fab Friday #52

Happy Fab Friday, people!! Today I was trying to step out of my "box" ... I feel like EVERYthing I have been making lately looks like EVERYthing else I've been making!!! So what's a carmaker/crafty person to do??? GO TO PINTEREST!! Hahaha ...

You KNOW what happens then??? You get sucked into the HUGE black hole ... and then I feel kinda like the dog on "Up!" ... "SQUIRREL!!!" SO-MANY-LOVELY-THINGS-ON-PINTERST!!! But, I digress ...

I used my Silhouette to cut the leaves out of the Tangelo Twist/Blackberry Bliss panels. I taped them together before I laid them out on my cutting mat. I cut the leaves out of those two panels AND out of a piece of Whisper White cardstock as well. I then embossed the Whisper White leaves and stuck them neatly into their "puzzle piece" holes in the other two panels. Make sense??

The REAL challenge for ME on this card was to NOT stamp/emboss or do ANYthing to the Blackberry Bliss/Tangelo Twist panels ... not ANYthing!!! I'm proud of me for resisting the urge to add and add and add ...

Stamps: Good Greetings
Paper: Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White
Accessories: Bitty Banners Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Tangelo Twist Satin Stitched Ribbon, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Stapler, eCutter (Silhouette)
MDS Downloads: Warm Weather Woodcuts (Leaves)




As much as these colors SCREAM Halloween, I wanted to try to do something that was NOT Halloween ...





Here's a link to the Fab Friday Challenge Blog so you can play along:

Fab Friday Challenge Blog

Check out the Fab blogs of my fellow Fab Friends:

Mindy Backes
Cindy Beach
Brian King
Justin Krieger
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers
Marla Reed
Pam Steckman
Jan Tinklenberg

From Millan.NetThanks for stopping by!! Have a FAB Weekend!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

3 comments:

Shoshi said...

Great card, Wendy. Sometimes less is definitely more! Like you, I find it very hard to know when to stop when it comes to layers!

Shoshi

Amanda Mertz said...

So elegant! The inlaid textured leaves are wonderful and the ribbon treatment with the staples is unique! TFS!

Unknown said...

This card is just gorgeous! So simple and elegant! We are following your blog because of this card! Look forward to more posts!