Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Day of Thanks ...

So ... as we are doing the busy-hustle-and-bustle get ready for the annual Thanksgiving Day Feast (at least here in the U S of A), I'm taking a quick "timeout" to come and wish a very happy day to you all ... and tell you how grateful I am for you and the kind comments and support that have been shared with me since I started this blog waaaayyy back in the day!! You have shared so much with me ... ranging from nice comments about things I have created, to prayers and support for me and my family when we have faced difficult times ... AND you have laughed with (AT??) me when I have told ridiculous stories about my life adventures ... you are all the BEST!!

I am sharing a card with you today that I made for my friend and her family. One of our Stampin' Up "family" members, Kimberly Van Diepen, has been at her husband's hospital bedside for over a week since he had some VERY unexpected strokes!! We have all been praying for the Van Diepen's and sending hugs their way ... I KNOW that this is so helpful to those on the receiving end, because I have been there myself (and y'all were there!!)!!! Isn't that what paper crafting and card making are about? To do something you love and share it with others in some form or another? Makes me happy!!

Stamps:  Off the Grid, Chalk Talk, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry
Accessories:  Chalk Talk Framelits, Season of Style Washi Tape, Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Burlap Ribbon, Essentials Hardware, Linen Thread, eCutter (Cricut)
MDS: Feathered Woodcuts

Smiley from millan.netHave a WONDERFUL day, wherever you may be!!
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

2 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card! I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! I wanted to let you know I made your Diamond Origami Fold Card and have it on my blog: http://lakefrontstampingcreations.blogspot.com/2013/11/orgami-diamond-fold.html if you would like to take a look. I did credit you and give a link back to your fabulous blog!

Carol Carriveau said...

Knowing that Kimberly has used the feathers before, she will love your card and the thought behind it...we are all praying for she and the kids as well as Russ' recovery! TFS!