Sunday, November 3, 2013

Monday Montage #6

Welcome to another Monday Montage!! I guess 'tis the season because it SNOWED today!! It didn't really stick much in our neighborhood, but it really did look pretty coming down on top of the fall leaves. It kinda got me feeling all holiday-ish ... and I WILL admit that I started listening to Christmas music on November 1 (ok ... haters don't be hatin' ... I really LOVE my collection of Christmas music and 30 days just isn't enough time to really enjoy it for me!!)!

Which brings me to my project ... I've wanted to make some Christmas-y letters for quite some time. I had the opportunity to work in the Stampin' Up booth at the Pinners Conference last weekend. One of the OTHER booths had some really FUN wood things to alter, and these letters just happened to be amongst them ... 'nuf said!! The only SAD part is that when I went to take a photo the battery for my GOOD camera was TOAST ... so this pic was taken with my phone (UGH!!)! I will repost a better one as soon as the battery charges a bit more ...

I started by tracing the letters on to the patterned papers I had chosen. Then, I painted the letters a lovely Early Espresso-ish kind of color. The rest was easy ... once the paper was adhered to the letters (after they had dried, of course), I sanded the edges of the paper so that they would be flush with the wood. Add a little bit of bling and ribbon, and VOILA!! Easy cheesy!!

Stamps: NONE!
Paper: Whisper White, Season of Style DSP, Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: NONE!
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler 1" Stitched Edge Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Basics, Naturals Buttons, Linen Thread

Hit the "Next" button to check out what Amy O'Neill has come up with, or the "Back" button to check in on Melissa Stout!

 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

6 comments:

Creating on the Run said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love the whimsy look of the letters! I want some! Your choice of DSP is fabulous as well!

Cathy Caines said...

GORGEOUS!! I have a few of these on my list but now all I want is the letters!! WOW!! Where did you get them? LOVE WENDY!

brrenwick said...

I need those letters!!! So STINKIN' ca-YOOOOOT!!! You do have my address, right?!?!? :-)

Judy McMullen said...

LOVE YOUR LETTERS, WENDY! AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

Love it!!! Could you tell us where you got the letters? I have to do a handmade gift exchange next month and that would be perfect! Thank you!

Judi said...

ADORABLE! Love the fonty of the letters and you did a fab job of decorating!