Monday, November 25, 2013

A Joyful Weekend of Wreaths

Ohhhh what fun!!! Seriously!!! On Saturday I had some of my friends and family join me for a holiday wreath-making class. We had the BEST time!!! A VERY SPECIAL "shout out" and "THANKS" to my BFF, Bree Renwick (check out HER wreath making class blog post HERE!)!! If it hadn't been for HER, this class would NEVER have happened!! Thanks to lots of encouragement (AND some lovely photos she had already taken of her own gorgeous COMPLETED wreaths!), I was able to pull a class together ... and boy, am I glad I did!!! I made this wreath AFTER everyone went home for the evening ... well, I started it, anyway!! I got up early Sunday morning to finish it off!! Also, another big THANKS to our fabulous friend, Alanna Wharf ... it was because of HER lovely wreaths HERE that EITHER of us even got started on this to begin with!!




I realize many of you have probably already seen these wreaths floating around the web-o-sphere ... they are SUPER DUPER cute!! AND they are pretty darn easy to make as well (which is what made doing them with a crowd SO much fun!)!!!



I didn't get an actual "close-up" photo of the finished "Winter Frost" wreaths (which were all Bree and Alanna's idea!) ... but here is a picture of my darling little cousin, Skye ... she is a WIZARD with some adhesive!!!

Finally, I did a scrapbook page in MDS (My Digital Studio) to remember the event ... lots of laughing, some Christmas movies, good stories, delicious goodies and LOTS of hugs!!! I need to do something like this again SOON!! AND we skyped with Bree's group while they were doing their class at the SAME TIME up by Walla Walla, Washington. I am REALLY bummed that I forgot to take a screen shot of our Skype conversation ... it was so much fun seeing everyone (and, let's face it ... with ALL those women visiting and laughing at BOTH locations, it was a bit noisy!!)!! LOVED it all!!

Season of Style Wreath
Stamps: Festive Flurry
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Season of Style DSP, Gold Foil
Accessories: Festive Flurry Framelits Die, Gift Bow Bigz Die, 12" Foam Wreath, Pearl Basics, Gold Pen, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Bone Folder

Winter Frost Wreath
Stamps: NONE
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Paper: Winter Frost DSP
Accessories: Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die, Gift Bow Bigz Die, Frosted Finished Embellishments, Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, 12" Foam Wreath, Bone Folder

 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

3 comments:

xrciznuts said...

Sherri and I had the best time! Thank you so much for hosting the class. Yes, you really need to do this more often. Sherri wants to be involved too. Super big hugs to you!
Kim Smith

Tanya said...

What a COOL project!!! They turned out gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Beautiful blog and projects! Love the wreath! I am your newest FOLLOWER. Hope you will come by my blog and visit me and FOLLOW ME if you wish. TFS!
www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca
Louise