Friday, May 9, 2014

Fab Friday #41

It'a Fab Friday, peeps!!! I love me a good Friday ... and I have today OFF of work!! HooRAY!!! Not sure where my brain has been lately, but I almost FORGOT that we were due for another round of Fab Friday goodness ... but I was MORE than happy to dig into my box of catalog preview goodies to come up with something!!

Like ... this octopus ... how freakin' ADORABLE is HE??? What IS it about an octopus with a smiley face that just makes ya happy?? Not quite sure, but this one fills the bill!!

I cheated a TINY bit on this one ... I used SU's old spiral punch on the DSP ... could NOT help myself!!! The sparkly star was leftover from the ones I used on my LAST Fab Friday card ... LOVE me my Silhouette so I can cut out WHATEVER I WANT!!

And if I'm being TOTALLY honest, I was STUMPED by the sketch we had this week!!! It was one of those things that I had to STARE at for a good ol' long time until an idea sparked in my creaky lil' brain!!! Which is one of the things I LOVE about a challenge ... gets you OUTTA your "zone" and puts you somewhere you might otherwise NOT go!

Stamps: Sea Street, Something to Say
Paper:  Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Maritime DSP, Silver Glimmer DSP
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy
Accessories:  2 1/2" Circle Punch, Starburst Frameliets, 1" Square Punch, Spiral Punch (retired ... but stay tuned!), Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Distressed Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, eCutter (Silhouette)
MDS Download: Star Punch








Here's the sketch ...












And ... Here's a link to the Fab Friday Challenge Blog so you can play along:

Fab Friday Challenge Blog

Check out the Fab blogs of my fellow Fab Friends:

Mindy Backes
Cindy Beach
Brian King
Justin Krieger
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers
Marla Reed
Pam Steckman
Jan Tinklenberg

IT'S FRIDAY!!! Hope y'all have a FANTASTICAL weekend!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

4 comments:

Tanya said...

:) I think you did awesome with the sketch! Fun colors and choices of stamp products! The embossed background looks like bubbles in the water the octopus is in. :)

Carol Carriveau said...

Love this little octopus...and your whole design! Great embossing to create an ocean of bubbles....!

stamping sue said...

what an adorable octopus!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Amanda Mertz said...

Would never have guessed that this sketch stumped you Wendy! Came out FAB! I love this octopus too....now mine just needs to see some ink! TFS!