Sunday, May 18, 2014

Stamp Review Crew - Wetlands Edition

The BEST part about being a member of The Stamp Review Crew is that our themes FORCE me to pull out stamp sets that have been neglected and in need of some love. Like this one ... "Wetlands" ... seriously??? I INSTANTLY loved this set this first time I got a "gander" at it (yeah-yeah ... TRYING to be funny because there is a GOOSE image in it ... which I DIDN'T even use today!! Hahaha!). Soooo versatile and easy to make those not-so-easy dude cards with!!


I've got a little "out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new" going on with this card. We are going to be saying goodbye to the OHSOFABULOUS Natural Composition DSP as soon as the new catalog comes out on June 1 ... BUT we WILL be bringing back an OLD FAVORITE of mine ... the SPIRAL BORDER PUNCH!!! (I'm using my "old" one here ... the new one has MORE "holes"! Can't WAIT!!). I added just a little "splash" of Pool Party with that spiral border punch ... and I can't seem to keep away from the Gold Sequin Trim!! I'd love some of that stuff in EVERY color!!

Here's a peek at ALL of the images from this set!! I absoLUTEly need to pull this thing out more!!

Stamps: Wetlands
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Natural Composition DSP
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Spiral Border Punch, Natural Trim Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, 1" Square Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Large Oval Punch, Simply Scored

Click the "Previous" button to see what Jill Coleman has created, and the "Next" Button for Deb Currier's fun ideas!



 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

15 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Great design! I did something similar (note, Similar!) for my BIL when he retired a year or so ago. One of my most favorite stamp sets...wonderful job - pretty colors and wonderful layering!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous card, Wendy. I love the punched accent; I'm so happy that punch is coming back. :)

Dawn Tidd said...

This is great card, full of fun details. I love the score lines and the spiral punched layer adds just the right punch of color. I'm glad the spiral punch is returning, I have mine too.

Unknown said...

The colors you used look so pretty together. Great job.

Betty said...

Love the layout, the layers, the textures and most of all the sequin trim. (In other words EVERYTHING-lol!)

ednamburgess said...

Such a great guy card. Love the design. Edna

WebDeb said...

How cool to use the Spiral Border Punch on this card (I also saved mine when it retired). I always love the trio motif, but I never thought of creating one with this set!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful layers, Wendy! You are such a pro with the sequin trim!

Deb said...

Beautiful card, Wendy! I love this layout! And I love how you used the gold sequins with all the natural elements of your card!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Great combination of old and new. Love your addition of gold sequins and the spiral border. I am so glad I saved my spiral punch!

Cindy Beach said...

I LOVE the soft texture of the specialty papers. Your card is amazing and so pretty, Wendy! I love the mix of layers, colors, and those sequins!

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, so clever! Look at all those great layers, and the new and old goodies, and the old-now-new goodie that I am so glad is still in my stash! I have a feeling there will be card like this in my stash very soon :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very clever I love all the extra stuff you did to this! Beautiful!

Jill Coleman said...

Very pretty card Wendy. Love all the layers and elements. Excited for our Spiral Punch's return!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy-

what font are you using for the "blog" buttons... the script font? I've seen it before but can't remember what it's called!!!!