Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fond Farewell ...

As MUCH as I get SUPER excited about the new Stampin' Up Catalog (and the ability to ORDER things from it ... which will be on June 1!!), I am always sad to watch the retiring stuff "go" ... as is the case with BOTH of the cards I am sharing with you today ...

These were two more cards that I did with my Stamp Club friends last weekend. This first card, made with "Creative Elements" and one of the Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing folders, was quick and easy. I also used the "so many smiles" sentiment from Petite Pairs (which I am SO happy to say is NOT retiring). I stamped the "companion" stamp that says "begin with you!" on the inside.

Stamps: Creative Elements, Petite Pairs
Paper:  Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Ink:  Night of Navy, Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Designer Frames Textured Empressions Embossing Folder, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Pearl Basics

This card is another one that I pretty much "cased" from myself. I made a very similar one last fall for a Fab Friday Color Challenge ... I just mixed up the layout and changed the colors a bit ... I absolutely LOVE the "vintage-y" feel to this one!!! Really gonna miss "Notable Notions" (and the accompanying "Shop Around" wheel AND the Baked Brown Sugar Ruffled Trim!)!!

Stamps:  Notable Notions, Shop Around Jumbo Wheel
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Chalk Talk Framelits, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Banner Punch, Baked Brown Sugar Ruffled Trim, Baked Brown Sugar Twine, Candy Dots (Neutrals), Hardware Essentials Clip

Today is like my "Monday" ... I am almost always off on Tuesdays, and with the Memorial Day holiday this past Monday, I had a VERY nice long weekend!!! Could go for those ALL the time!!

Enjoy your day!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

2 comments:

fiddlinfan said...

I love your cards, they are great. The first card's sentiment of so many smiles is not from teeny tiny wishes, but petite pairs. I think both of these stamp sets are safe. Yay!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your cards are wonderful, Wendy! Yes it is hard to say good bye and hello at the same time...but we seem to manage every year! TFS!~