Wednesday, January 9, 2019

January Blahs ....

I took down my Christmas tree last night (finally!). Not gonna lie ... my house just seems pretty empty without it. For some reason this year I was DREADING Christmas ... starting in about March. Seriously??? I have NEVER done that before!! But once I got my tree up, my usual love for all things "holiday" starting to kick in. I still have to pack all the ornaments and such up (which is a CHORE!)! At least I have a group of friends coming over tomorrow night for book group, so that should liven things up around here!

I have committed myself to sending birthday cards to everyone in my family this year. I should qualify that ... I will be trying to send to everyone on my hubby's side of the family, and to my immediate family (which is considerably smaller than my hubby's). All told, looks like I will be attempting to send out at least 150 birthday cards this year!!

I am off to a good start! I've sent out 6 already. This is one I did for my uncle. His birthday is tomorrow!! I hope he has as much fun getting it as I did making it. There are SO many fun possibilities with the Best Catch/Catch of the Day Bundle!! It's my new favorite for making "dude" cards!

Stamps:  Best Catch, Crackle Paint
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Wood Texture DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blends
Accessories: Catch of the Day Thinlits, 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, True Gentlemen Buttons, Linen Thread

I've got a busy couple of days ahead, so I need to get moving!! Unless, of course, I could get Mary Poppins to come over and help me with her magical skills!! That would make things go MUCH more smoothly!!
 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

4 comments:

Pinky said...

Cool card for a guy!

Anonymous said...

Cool card for a guy!

Pinky

Ginger said...

This is an adorable card Wendy and one that your Uncle should love getting, With your permission, I may have to case this beauty!

Jacq said...

Hi Wendy, saw this card on Pinterest and had to come look in person! :) So glad I did, this is awesome! My uncle used to fish and he would have loved this card, I'm sure yours will!

Wishing you all the best for 2019!