Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stamp Review Crew - Lovely As a Tree Edition

Had the AMAZING opportunity to work with so many of my friends on the Stamp Review Crew in creating a display board for Stampin' Up Convention!! It looks FANTABULOUS!!! Hang tight ... there's a picture at the end of this post!! This week the Stamp Review Crew is focusing on an "oldie but goodie" stamp set!! Lovely As a Tree!!! Pretty sure this set is NEVER gonna retire as Shelli Gardner's sister Yvonne (who was a cofounder of Stampin' Up) designed it ...

This is the card I made as part of our Convention display board ... there were some seriously GORGEOUS samples on that board!! Many thanks to Paula Wright and Adriana Benitez for all of their hard work in pulling it all together!! (I helped a little, but by the time I got there they already had it WELL under control!)

Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Work of Art, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Moonlight DSP
Ink:  Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey
Accessories:  Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Large Oval Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Spiral Border Punch, Mossy Meadow Satin Stitched Ribbon, Lost Lagoon Satin Stitched Ribbon, Hello Honey Satin Stitched Ribbon






Here's a pic of ALL the images from Lovely As a Tree ... if you don't already own it, it's a MUST-HAVE!!








SEE OUR BOARD??? Isn't it FABULOUS and AMAZING and GORGEOUS and WONDERFUL???? I think so!!! (But then again, I AM a little biased!!)  We featured both Lovely As a Tree AND Flower Patch ...












Next up?? Our Stamp Review Crew CHIEF, Tanya Boser. She is awesome!! Click on the "next" button to check out her creation, or on the "previous" button to see the "lovely" goodness Heidi Baks has made (had to put lovely in quotes 'cause of the name of the stamp set ... sometimes I think I'm the only one who appreciates my humor!)!



 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

13 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! I love the woodgrain embossing on white. The spiral punched side adds some great texture too.

Unknown said...

A lot of great elements on your card, and yet it looks clean and contemporary. Love it.

Beth Beard said...

Love all the layers & texture...it's very pretty!

Deb said...

Beautiful colors and textures! Lovely as always!

Carol Carriveau said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with your card design...this is such a fabulous set that it is kind of hard to screw anything up...though I probably could...lol! Really wonderful job - love the use of the squares and the ribbon!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

This is awesome Wendy! I love it! I really like the layout too it just pops. Thanks for help setting up the board for all of us and taking a picture for those that couldn't be there!

Cindy Beach said...

Your card makes me think of you - fresh, fun, sunny and delightful. So fun to hug you in person! And I should add that you ARE funny and I love the way you make me laugh.

Mike said...

Wonderful design! I also love all the layers you incorporated into the card. Using a square punch to highlight a stamp is the best!

Paula said...

Lots of fun details on this one, Wendy. And you did help! (Really Adriana had it well in hand when I got there too, I just happened to have several of the projects she needed.)

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun and unique card from this set. I would not have even guessed it came from this classic. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Great layout and color scheme! What a fun new look for this set.
Also, thanks for including a picture of the board. :)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love the modern trendy twist you gave your card! And how did I not know that Shelli's sister designed Lovely as a Tree?! Thanks for that little bit of trivia.

Jill Coleman said...

Such a pretty card Wendy. Love the splatter image on the woodgrain texture and all of the other fun elements. How awesome that you took the smallest image in the set and made it the focal point! Great colors too.