Friday, December 12, 2008

#68 is Great!

#68? Could it really be possible? I have done 68 total cards for my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge! Unbelievable!! I can honestly say that time has shot by soooo quickly! (If you are new around here and are clueless as to what I am talking about, check the "Follow the Butterflies" link on the sidebar to the right . . . I even have a slideshow of all the cards I have made thus far!).

This is a fun little fold (and you KNOW how I am about those!). The cardstock started out as 3 1/2"x 11". It is about 1/2" shorter after it was cut with a scalloped circle Nestabilities die. It was scored at 4 1/4" and 8 1/2" from the bottom edge (the edge that was NOT cut with the die). This color combo is kind of fun and interesting, too! It is for CC196 - Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and YUP, you got that right . . . Taken With Teal (a color which often scares me off, but I kinda like it with these other colors!).

This is also a Spellbinders die fest!! I had NO idea i was gonna run so amok with those dies! One of the fun things about being a Spellbinders DT member is having access to sooo many dies . . . definitely a great perk! Not to mention that I got this fun butterfly set to show off for ya from Jessica at There She Goes (a perk for working with HER!). What fun!! I also used my "Butterfly Happiness" TSG set for the leaf-age in the background.

I FINALLY got my Christmas cards out the door late on Wednesday. HUZZAH!! That's why I haven't been around much this week! Sooooooo glad to have them off and on their way. The USPS guys have me a little freaked about the likelihood that my cards will reach their destinations, however. Not only are they "oversized" (5 1/2" square envelopes!), but since they have a ribbon on them, they almost made me pay for PARCEL postage (meaning that each card would have cost me $1.17 to mail . . . times 60 I decided I just was NOT gonna go there!). I actually stamped them with 62 cents worth of postage and they warned me that they could come back to me if they get caught in the machine! WHAT??? I mail cards with ribbon on 'em ALL the time and I have NEVER had one come back!!! Cross your fingers for me, will ya friends???

TTFN!!

Stamps: Bug Me Anytime and Butterfly Happiness by There She Goes
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Taken with Teal, Baja Breeze, Shimmery White
Ink: Ruby Red, Baja Breeze, Taken with Teal, Basic Black
Accessories: Spellbinders Lg. Pinking Circles (S4170), Small Pinking Circles (S4172), Nested Flowers (S4159), Scalloped Circle Large (S4124), Standard Circle Small (S4116) and Ribbon Tags Trio (S3150), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Houndstooth embossing folders, Offray microcheck ribbon, pop-up glue dots

No comments: