Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Butterfly Journey

You know how it is when you have a TON of other things to do and you just end up sitting down to stamp instead??? That is where I am today . . . I've been itching to try out my new set of JustRite stamps, so I just decided to pull 'em out!! (You know why I was drawn to this, right?? It's been on my wish list for months!)

I am now at card #71 for my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge - that's two posts in a row with butterflies (see link/slideshow to the right)! I have to think my son is getting sick of all this girly-girl cards, but I have to admit that I am actually going to miss making them after he comes back home in September. Maybe I can keep it going, but just not as often . . . hmmmmm . . . must think that one through!!

I made this for today's color challenge over on SCS - CC199 - Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy and So Saffron. I also changed up the fold a bit . . . this is folded 2" down from the top and 3 1/2" up from the bottom, giving it sort of a horizontal gatefold.

Guess I'm going to have to go and face the rest of my projects for the day. Have a Happy Tuesday!!

Stamps: Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III (JustRite), Print Pattern
Paper: Handsome Hunter, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Handsome Hunter, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Spellbinders Standard Circle Large (S4114), Standard Circle Small (S4116), and Classic Scallop Circle Large (S4124) dies, hunter green organza ribbon, Cuttlebug Traffic Jam embossing folder

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

very pretty! love that ribbon!

Jo said...

Wendy, I have so enjoyed your butterfly journey, so much so that I decide to use it, sort of. Each month for the next year I am going to make a 6 x 6 scripture page and I will decorate them by using all the different butterfly stamps I have. Thanks for the inspiration!!