Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cloisonne Butterfly

A few months ago I came across this lovely card by Birgit (Biggan on SCS). I loved the simple elegance of it. And that tree!! I saw from the description that it was by Michael Strong, so of course I immediately had to go and check out his website!!

Christmas in Green & White

I immediately bought not only the Christmas tree image, but this lovely butterfly as well (who woulda thunk it??). I've been meaning to do my own twist on this card for quite some time, so I used the challenge posting on Thanksgiving Day - WT194 - which was basically to make any sort of gratitude/thankful card.

And, by the way, this is card #66 in my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge (all the info is in the link on the sidebar to the right). I am starting to run out of butterflies!!! I have some more left, but am thinking I may need to start buying some of the ones I have just been thinking about. I have a LOT of butterflies, that's for sure!!

Stamps: Small Script, Cloisonne Butterfly by Michael Strong
Paper: Shimmery White, Basic Black, Perfect Plum
Ink: Perfect Plum, Whisper White craft
Accessories: Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio (S3150), Large Labels - largest die (S4168), Classic Scalloped Oval Large - 2nd largest die (S4113), and Classic Oval Small - 2nd largest die (S4112), White embossing powder, pearl stickers, shimmery white organza ribbon, Cuttlebug textile embossing folder

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful! Love the elegance of the clean white and plum. :)

Connie M. said...

Stunning Wendy!! What a fabulous image!!

Jacquel said...

Great card Wendy...like all your work!!! I nominated you with the coolest blog award. Check out my blog for the deets.
Hugs,

Oma said...

Love this card - so elegant!

Jo said...

Beautiful Wendy! BTW, Basic Grey has some butterfly stamps, which I don't think you used yet. Check them out.