Monday, December 15, 2008

Goin' Green . . .

Imagine how surprised I was when the challenge for last Friday on SCS (LSC198) was to create a "green" card using recycled bits and pieces! The reason I was so surprised at the timing was that I had just gone to my book group Christmas party the night before, and during the book exchange, specifically picked the book I did because of the way it was wrapped. I LOVED the paper and ribbon and knew I wanted to make a card out of 'em!! Funny, eh?

The purple paper with the gold little fleur-de-lys-looking things came from (of all places) IKEA!! It feels like pressed paper and is very wonderful! The ribbon was also around the book, so it was the perfect touch. (I got a collection of short stories by Ernest Hemingway, by the way . . . can't wait to read it!)

The coolest thing about this "green" card, though, is that the silver parts of my snowflake medallion piece are actually cut out of a soda pop can!! (Hooray for caffeine-free Diet Pepsi!)!! YUP!! I ran those soda pop cans through my trusty Wizard and came up with this! Super fun and environmentally friendly!!

Speaking of the Wizard . . . check out this link! It has all the deets about how YOU could be on Spellbinders' Design Team starting in April!!

Spellbinders Design Team Contest

Have a great day! It's freezing here and we are expecting MORE snow! BRRRRRR!

Stamps: Short & Sweet
Paper: Brushed gold, patterned paper from Ikea, shimmery white
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: soda pop cans, Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder (S4185), Small Pinking Circles (S4172) and Sunflower Set Two (S4158) dies, small oval punch, yellow rhinestone brad, pop-up glue dots, Versamark, Gold Glitter embossing powder by ClearSnap

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this and especially the recycled snowflake....can't wait to try it on MY wizard. This is really nice and....Green.