Saturday, August 17, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 8



Welcome to Day 8 everybody!!! I canNOT believe how quickly these past 8 days have FLOWN by!!! And I am STILL in AWE of all of the wonderful things my Finalist Friendies have been sharing (I know, I know ... I've said that BEFORE ... but it's TRUE!)!! So, let's get to it!!!

Another family-treasured photo! We took this photo of my daughter WAAAYYYY back in the day!! My husband had JUST taught her how to fish the day before this photo was taken ... and she got up VERY early the next morning, grabbed a fishin' pole and dangled it over the side of the boat ... NO BAIT!!! Then she started yellin', "Daddy!!! Come quick!! I caught a FISH!!" How's THAT for expert fishermanship???? She was SOOOOO pleased with herself!! And this picture is framed in our house (has been since the day we had it developed. HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY!!






See?? Isn't she stinkin' ADORABLE??? (and that bluegill looks MASSIVE, doesn't it?? I think it was more of the photo angle than anything ... but it's FAB!!)!



I used the yardstick image that I snatched out of MDS ... printed it out, then tore and crumpled it all up ... then added the fishes on the line with a little help from some linen thread and mini safety pins from the Vintage Trinkets!

I used the Canvas Creations to make the little "fringe" under these letters (which I ALSO created in MDS). I just pulled the threads on the side of the canvas to make it fray ... VOILA!!

This is one of those pages I wish I could get back ... which means I should probably make another one just like it, right???

Stamps: By the Tide
Paper:  Naturals Composition DSP, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, This and That Epic Day DSP, Crumb Cake
Ink: Island Indigo
Accessories:  Canvas Creations, Naturals Trim Ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Linen Thread
MDS:  A to Z Wordpress Letters, Fan Fair (ruler)
Font:  2Peas Ditzy

Choosing the "Next" button will take you to a FABULOUS project by Amy O"Neill ... and choosing the "Back" button will take you to something EQUALLY as wonderful from Melissa Stout!!
          photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

4 comments:

Creating on the Run said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creating on the Run said...

LOVE your page! The photo is priceless! Your title is super cute with the frayed canvas-so fun! And I can't get enough of your string of fish-all of it is awesome!!

brrenwick said...

So many great details on this page! I love the string of fish and the yardstick image...perfect for a fishing page!

vdoyle8 said...

First of all -- WHAT A GREAT LAYOUT! LOVE all your embellishments but what I love most is that the photo is the focal point. So often now I see layouts where you have to search for the itty bitty photo hidden in piles of junk ..er, I mean embellishments. Your embellishments truly enhance and embellish your photo.
Secondly, I think it sucks that you don't get your projects back.
Third of all - you MUST make another page exactly like this one because it's so special.
And that photo -- please! It's not even my daughter and it made me misty!