Sunday, August 11, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 2


Here we are on Day 2 ... and I can ALREADY say that the projects posted by my Finalist Friendies have blown me AWAY!! I am feeling so very blessed and privileged to be included with such a spectacular group of talented artists!! And the more I have gotten to know them, the more it makes me happy ... these women are as kind and wonderful as they are crafty!!

To be honest, I really struggled making the cards for my Artisan entry ... which was SOOOOOO very frustrating for me because cards are usually EASY for me to make!! (And, being honest again, I liked pretty much EVERY card I made for the Convention Display Samples better than the ones I made for Artisan ... not sure what kinda funk I was in!) But all in all, I was happy with what I submitted. This card was probably my fave of the ones I made ... and it was the most out of the box for me (at the time). I seem to have connected with a little bit of the shabby/grunge thing lately (it took me long enough!!)!

I used some Comfort Cafe DSP for the background on the upper half of this card; stamped one of the images from Everything Eleanor in Versamark on top of it, then added clear embossing powder and heat embossed the image. I then rubbed some Soft Suede ink over the whole image with a sponge and then wiped off the image that had been heat embossed.

The bottom half of this card was my attempt at the "ombre" thing ... I was in SUCH a hurry to get these entries out the door that I didn't write down all of my supplies ('cause I was SO SURE I was gonna remember everything ... yeeeaaaahhhh ...). I THINK I used Midnight Muse, Island Indigo and Pool Party. Using my crafty sponges, I started at the bottom of the card with the darkest color (Midnight Muse), then added the Island Indigo and Pool Party with their own separate sponges. Does that make sense? Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to write in English what was ORIGINALLY written in Chinese and translated from Italian!!

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor, Petite Pairs
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Comfort Cafe DSP, Vellum
Ink:  Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White, Versamark
Accessories:  Whisper White Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Victoria Crochet Trim, Ticket Builder Punch, Stampin' Distress Tool, Sponges, Sewing Machine

Click "Back" to see Melissa Stout and/or "Next" to see Amy O'Neill. AWESOME projects from BOTH of them!
         
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

17 comments:

Dani Dziama said...

I love this card! So pretty and I'm really loving the ombre look! The straight stitch then zig zag stitch is perfect!

Dara said...

So cute! I really love the stitching around the card.

Sarah said...

Wendy, this is such a beautiful card! There are so many elements to love - how the stitching changes, the ombre, stamping on vellum, pleated ribbon, distressed edge - such a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, Wendy. I just love all the little details you put into it.

Elizabeth Price said...

MMMM, lovin' the ombre of inks and the emboss resist action you have for the top of the card! I also really like the extra little zig zag action in the stitching. Smiles, Elizabeth

Ang said...

This is really gorgeous.
TFS
Ang

Amy O said...

I love the emboss resist effect with those swirls! And your ombre effect is so pretty. Beautiful card, Wendy!

brrenwick said...

This card is beautiful! I love the emboss resist on the DSP. Loving your fancy blog make over too :)

Cathy Casey said...

soooo beautiful Wendy! I love the ombre and all the other little details...the resist....mmmm yummy! love the new blog look too!

Engagement Rings Online said...

Nice work Wendy! I can see your excitement and happiness in your work.

Becky Cowley said...

This is beautiful! I love your ombre!

Creating on the Run said...

Wendy, this is incredible! I love everything about this card. The stamping on vellum is fabulous. And I gotta try the ombre technique!

Mary Davidson said...

It is absolutely gorgeous, Wendy! I love the look of shabby/grunge and you nailed it! Thanks for inspiring!

lorijane said...

First...I LOVE your hair, Wendy! This card is like coffee for me...gets me going. We don't have enough summer here so I don't want to get caught in my creative "cave" too long. Next time it rains, I'm giving this a whirl. TY. lorijane

Cathy Caines said...

Gorgeous as usual Wendy!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your descriptions are perfectly clear!!! And I love your card...it is so pretty and, and, and....just love it!

Alanna said...

lol Wendy! Your language translation sounds perfectly normal and exactly like what happens around here! Beautiful card!