Monday, August 12, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 3



Hooray for Day 3!!! I don't know about all y'all, but I am THOROUGHLY enjoying the creations made by my Finalist Friendies (I like callin' 'em that!). I have been getting a LOT of inspiration. And it is SO much fun to be able to see the things that were on display at Convention all up close and personal-like!! My creativity tank is most DEFINITELY gettin' a refill!!

Today I am sharing one of the three scrapbook layouts I did. I had MORE FUN make the scrapbook layouts this year than I EVER have!! I was so happy with all three of them ... I think it is because I used some of my most all-time FAVE pictures of my kids (said the proud mama!). This picture of my son is so special to me ... I took his senior photos for him a few years back and I KNEW the moment I was lookin' through the lens on this one that it was a keeper!! (He has ALWAYS had an affinity for hats ... from the time he was a baby, actually!).





I used my eCutter (I have a Cricut) to cut out these EXTRA LARGE photo corners. I SOOOO love that we have the svg files available to us through MDS. It opens a whole FLOOD gate full of happy things to cut out! These photo corners were so much fun to "decorate"!!





From Millan.NetAnd a GIANT BRACKET can ALWAYS make ya happy, right??? Also done with the help of MDS and my Cricut (before anyone asks ... I have not done a firmware update on my Cricut ever since there was an "issue" with a third-party software - which I own - and which a lawsuit was filed over ... so that's how I made it work!)




My son has ALSO always had a happy-place thing goin' with watches, so I felt I HAD to include one ... I used one of the pop tops under the clock-face image to made it look a little more legit ... and yeah, I LOVE to fussy cut stuff ... really ... not kidding!!

I used multiple copies of the photo in two sizes; I edited the photos to have different levels of focus (although it's kinda hard to tell from THIS photo). I love the look of layered photos!!

As much as I hate to "re-do" something I have already done, I like this layout well enough that I just may hafta do that!!!

Stamps:  Clockworks
Paper:  Basic Gray, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Hearts Framelets, Photo Corner Punch (MDS), Bracket (MDS - Thoughtful Overlays), Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die (for the letter "U"), Soda Pop Tops, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen thread, My Digital Studio, Sewing Machine, eCutter (Cricut)

Click on the "back" button to see some amazingness from Melissa Stout ... or on the "Next" button to be dazzled by Amy O'Neill!
         
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

11 comments:

Donna said...

Totally cool; artistic; fabulously wonderful! Love your page; TFS!

brrenwick said...

This page is amazing! So many fabulous details and the picture is so cool! All of the stitching I'm seeing is making me want to face my fears and pull my sewing machine out :)

Mercedes Weber said...

Great page Wendy! I would never think to layer the photos like that! So Creative!

Jamiestamps@yahoo.com said...

Cute! How did you get the SVG files to the cricut? TIA Jamie

Becky Cowley said...

Great masculine page! And I love how you fanned out the photos, such an awesome touch!

Creating on the Run said...

Very cool page! I love your decorated photo corners and all of the great layers of DSP. The photos are awesome-love the layered look!

Tanya said...

Oh I love this page!! The photos are great and the elements you used are just fabulous! :)

Elizabeth Price said...

I love the personal touches of the page that are your sons favorites (the hat, the WATCH!!!) And yes, who doesn't love a giant bracket? I think my favorite thing about your page is the black and white photos highlighted with your use of colors--a great combo :0) Elizabeth

Alanna said...

I adore how you featured his photo Wendy! This page was another that drew me in! Great job!

Cathy Casey said...

Love this page Wendy! I love, love, love the watch and the way you did the photos! Oh my, just beautiful :)

Cindy Beach said...

The details on this page are just amazing! I love how you included the watch to tailor the images to your sons likes. And your use of the e-cutter is ingenious!!
Your work is beautiful in every way, Wendy!