Monday, August 19, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 10




Could it POSSIBLY be Day 10??? ALREADY???? This Blog Hop with my Fellow Finalist Friendies (how's THAT for alliteration???) has been SOOO much fun!!! I have been amazed, inspired and BLOWN AWAY!!

My last project to share is probably my MOSTEST favorite!! For any of you who have followed me at ALL for any amount of time you will know that I LOVELOVELOVE Halloween!! My MOST favorite holiday (which probably makes me a little weird ... but it really IS my fave!)!!! I have been wanting to make an "countdown" calendar for Halloween for YEARS and YEARS ... and I FINALLY DID IT!!! (And then promptly gave it away ... go figure ...)  I made my own fabric using MDS and some iron-on transfer paper (added some spider-webby goodness and some creepy-crawly spiders!)  The only sad part is that I sewed one of the edges on BACKWARDS and had to caaarrrreeefuuullllyyy unpick it so that you wouldn't be able to see the holes poked by the sewing machine needle!!

The tree is an image from "Spooky Bingo Bits". I blew it up HUGE and printed it out (in reverse). Then, I pinned it down to some felt and hand-cut this baby out!!

Here's a close up of all the little "day" circles. I used a LOT of different images in My Digital Studio ... combined with a number paper punch download to make each day different and special. They were then printed out on Whisper White cardstock and glued to felt circles. I attached each "day" to my spooky tree with a safety pin from the Vintage Trinkets.





This was originally going to be a "pocket" to hold all of the little numbered circles ... but it was NO WAY gonna be big enough ... so I just made it into a little "Happy Halloween" signage instead!!

And here's another close-up from a different angle.

The whole thing is hanging off of a wooden dowel that I screwed some drawer pulls that I got from the hardware store into (on each end). This just made me sooo happy when I was done ... and I really DO think I'm gonna make another one (now that I have all the files done in MDS!!). Time consuming ... but worth it!!

Stamps: NONE
Paper:  Whisper White (for "day" circles)
Ink:  NONE
Accessories:  1 1/4" Circle Punch, Vintage Trinkets, Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Felt (Black, White and Gray), Orange Fabric, Iron-On Transfer Paper, Burlap, Dowel, Drawer Pulls (2), Sewing Machine
MDS:  Spooky Bingo Bits, Jack of All Trades, Calendar Basics, Eat, Drink & Be Scary, Spooky Things, Lauren's Letters Alphabet (Numbers), Holiday Blitz, Number One DSP, Corner Rounder Punch, Circle Punch

A little teaser here ... keep your EYES PEELED for this lovely logo on August 26 ... we are NOT DONE playing "blog hop" together ... stay tuned!!


Click on the "Next" button to see another Work of Brilliance from Amy O'Neill ... and the "Back" button to check out the Masterpiece down by Melissa Stout!!
         
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

8 comments:

Lind said...

WOW..love it! I LOVE Halloween also and look forward to getting together with my "stampin' friends" for this special day.

Linda

Cathy Caines said...

Super, super sweet - love this!

brrenwick said...

You.are.AMAZING!! I love this project and it is by far my favorite of your creations! I love the idea of a Halloween advent :-)

Jen Timko said...

Spectacular!!

Amy O said...

Oh, WOW, Wendy! This is so fun and so cool! I love the spiders on the border and all of the little tags are adorable. What a great project!

Cheryl Johnson said...

This is the nicest work. Blown away. Wonderful.

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh yeah this is so totally A-MA-ZING! Girl it's pure Halloween awesomeness, f'rilla! Smiles, Elizabeth

MarvA1ix said...

Absolutely adorable and well worth the effort. Don't know if I am up to duplicating this, but it would sure be fun to try.