Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 5

Today we are "officially" half way through sharing our Artisan entries!! It's been so much fun seeing all the wonderful creations done by my blog hop buddies ... and I have REALLY appreciated your comments and emails. Ya pretty much have been makin' my week a happy place!! (Which is a GOOD thing because starting on Monday and ending - thankfully - this afternoon I had 150 skin-test patches TAPED to my BACK!! I know, I know ... TMI ... we're just trying to figure out WHAT ingredient in SUNSCREEN I am allergic to!! ICK!!)

Card #4 ... this is one big ol' butterfly!! This card looked WAY better in my head!!! And it actually looks kinda fun and sparkly in PERSON ... just wasn't QUITE what I had envisioned ... but I enjoyed trying to do something a LITTLE big different with this image ... so there ya have it! I have been affectionately referring to this stamp as "Mothra" ... and it has officially made me feel OLD because too many of my friends have NO IDEA what that means!! (If you don't either, just "Google" it ... sigh ...)

Stamps:  Swallowtail, Friendly Phrases, Secret Garden
Paper:  Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Black, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pacific Point, White Signo Pen
Accessories: Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Boho Blossoms Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Pearl Basics, Dazzling Details

Wanna see more?? (ya KNOW ya DO!!) Click on the "Next" button to see something by the ever-amazing Amy O'Neill! OR you can click on the "back" arrow to see some MORE fabulousness from Melissa Stout!!
         
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

6 comments:

Dara said...

This is great! I love how you used the swallowtail stamp. I never would have thought to have used it that way.

brrenwick said...

Swallowtail is one of my very favorite stamps...I LOVE this card! The colors are so pretty and happy!

Creating on the Run said...

Oh I love this! Your coloring on the butterfly is beautiful! Simply marvelous!

Connie Collins said...

Wendy, I am enjoying getting a closer look at all of your wonderful projects. I especially love this butterfly card...it's absolutely beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Go-Jus! I love love LOVE this card!
the colors are simply perfect and I think the butterfly looks ready to take off in flight. I love your interpretation with this stamp, friend!

Unknown said...

I just love this card. Think it might just be a CASE hihi.(if you don't mind of course.